Saturday, May 14, 2016

First Timer: MOD Shake and Mike

This past Monday, May 9, 2016, my cohort had the pleasure to meet our Chaperone Mike Myrga. We met up with him at 5 PM at Mod Pizza in the Pinole Valley Plaza. I had no idea what to expect, all I knew was that he was a teacher at De Anza High School. I was excited because the girls and I had a groupchat already so I looked forward to talking to them more in person.

When I arrived at Mod, I found that Diana and Shuxin were already there with Mike chatting it up. They caught me up on some things, mostly the traveling, which Mike is very experienced with. We decided we would wait a little longer before deciding what to order, and I got the pleasant surprise that, the ILC would be covering the expenses for our meet and greet dinner. Yet another thing to be grateful for in this program. We all got different pizzas and came to the conclusion that none of us were particularly picky eaters and would have a good time trying new foods in the east coast. Diana and I got Mod milkshakes for the first time and were really content. Except, all the cookie dough was at the bottom of mine. 

After about two hours, we all really got to know each other and got even more excited for the trip to come. I'm really happy with my cohort and can't wait to get even closer with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment