Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Absolutely Excited but Nervous

Today I spent a large part of my day double checking my luggage and picking up some essentials I was still missing, like my own phone charger. Between all the running around, I made sure to spend most of my day with my family. My mom made some cheese pasta, which I could eat tons of, breaded chicken, and salad. We don't usually all eat at the same time, but we did today. Then we went out for frozen yogurt. When we dropped my oldest sister off at her house she reminded me of a bunch of things to be aware of and to let my family know when I land in Chicago. It's bittersweet because I know she thinks I'm growing up too fast.

I could probably cry of excitement right now, but there's also all the anxiety of being so far away from my whole family for the first time. I've been away from my parents for a week or two at a time, but it's always been accompanied by my sisters. Then there's the worry that the class will be too difficult, or that I won't be as bright as the other students who have taken a summer program at an Ivy before. Even the worst case scenario that I'll lose my luggage with all my belongings. Nonetheless, sleeping seems so difficult knowing that in just a few hours we'll be saying our goodbyes at El Cerrito High School and boarding that shuttle to the San Francisco airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment