Monday, July 4, 2016

Red White and Blue BBQ

Compared to yesterday, today I slept in and woke up at 9 AM and ran to get some breakfast. Well, more like speed-walked. After breakfast, I went back up to my room and wrote down some notes from the reading. I was on my way to take a shower when I heard someone playing "Young and Beautiful" by Lana Del Rey. I was excited to hear it so I walked down to the room with the piano and found a girl playing. She ended up teaching me the intro to the song, which was really kind of her because she was probably practicing. Afterwards I showered and finally Paula woke up and we went to grab some really late lunch.

Some of the flowers at the plantations
The field day hosted by the RCAs didn't start until 3 PM and we were done with lunch by 2 PM, and with none of our friends to be found Paula and I decided to explore a little more around Beebee Lake. We ended up at the plantations, and there were so many gorgeous flowers, it was all very colorful. We walked more uphill and we might've ended up a little off campus, but we weren't too sure. As soon as we went back down hill we were on the trail around Beebee Lake so we were all good. 

The turnout for the field day wasn't too good at first, only 10 students were there plus about 5 RCAs. We played with the hula hoops for a while, and then we joined a dodge ball game. There was this really funny guy whose strategy was to walk right along the boundary line with an empty cup with hopes that people would feel bad and not hit him. It did not work. That lasted for a while, until they started serving hot dogs and burgers. They also had popsicles. I think we were there for a solid 2 hours, and then we decided going to dinner was probably better because the lines were long. The RPCC also felt really crowded, so the guys sat around one table and the girls sat at another.

When we went back to Donlon to try to figure out what to do, some people said they really had to study. So, we took Doug's basketball and went to the courts behind RPCC. It was a lot of fun, we played a 3-on-1 against Hans. It was Valeria, Paula, and me. All three of us are at least 1 foot shorter than Hans so we thought it was a fair game. He ended up winning 20-17. The three of us were tired, so we went back up to the 5th floor lounge, but Hans stayed at the courts. At the lounge, it was mostly just hanging out and some version of indoor basketball with a trash can. 


1 comment:

  1. I sure don’t remember college being as much as what you keep describing: nature walks, fun with friends, free ice cream. Nope--not the same as when I was in college. Not even close.

    ReplyDelete