Friday, July 8, 2016

~What a Postive Day~

Today I woke up at 7 AM to work on my outline to my essay which is due one Saturday. Than I went to my discussion. Today at discussion we talked about introverts and extroverts. We had to read an article about it the day before. The main idea is usually introverts in society are considered shy and sometimes non leaders. She proves this wrong as a lot of the times introverts are great leaders for example, Gandhi. He was quiet yet he stood up for what he believed in and was a great leader. The reading also talked about how society pushed kids to become extrovert because they believe extroverts are more successful and intellectual, which in reality the only difference is how you conduct yourself not how much you are capable of. I thought it was interesting to see how people can think in a negative view about people who are shy when a lot of the times they are amazing people.

During our lecture we had a guest speaker, Lillian Pravda who is the CEO of Vision For and From Children. Her organization helps people without access to vision care get the care they need. Whether from the U.S or from other countries around the world and oh yeah did I mention shes only 16 years old. She really is amazing she told us about how she was born with cataract and got surgery at a very young age and began helping out at her hospital which eventually led to other hospitals to other states to other countries. I really liked her talking to us about the process and how she still feels as if she is still a normal teenager. I thought it was inspiring to see someone at such a young age make such a big difference and just makes you think what can you do to help?

After class I met up with the T.A  of my course who grades my papers, for help on outlining my essay that is due tomorrow and help out with a few pointers. She really helped me a lot and I feel now that I am very prepared to write this essay. I don't know if it is only Jackie or if every T.A is like this at Cornell if so this is the school to go because I felt I was actually helped and felt that encouragement to succeed and do my best. I am not sure you remember but this essay that I had to do last week about Hudson's leadership was passed back and I got a A-. I am so happy I was so nervous to see what I got. This time I am going for that A+, so just wait and see.

After the meeting with Jackie I met up with Kachi and Diana to go hang out in the dorm's lounge and play cards. From there we went to go eat dinner. We came back to the lounge and I do not remember how it came up, but we wanted to go to the mall and out of thin air the next thing you know we are on a bus to Ithaca Mall with Kachi, Diana, Angela and I. It was pretty fun to go relax and shop.  Than we came back to the dorm to just wait for some pizza and wings to be delivered to us. A great way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment