Sunday, July 10, 2016

~ Rest is Everything~

Today I woke up at 11:30 so my first meal was lunch which isn't to bad if you ask me.  After the dinner I fell asleep for about an hour. I fell asleep for about an hour or two which was much needed. After the nap I started my homework which only consisted of reading. I just started my new book which is called " A Passion For Leadership", by Robert M. Gates. The book is coming from Robert Gates himself and his experience of leadership  in the public service.  He helped to fix bureaucracies at the Central Intelligence Agency and the other dozen or so  U.S intelligence agencies;Texas A&M University, now the nation's fifth biggest; and the Department of Defense, the largest and most complex organization on the planet according to Gates. Throughout the book, well at least the first two chapters he mentions a lot about how a leader needs to communicate his ideas and visions with his team. When making a decision once in a while ask input from other, but don't make it so often that it seems like you do not understand what you doing. This is a really weird thing to teach, but Gates does a well job of putting his ideas on paper and making it easy to process.

After I read I ordered food with Kachi from Gates Kitchen where Mike took us out to eat once was really good. I bought these buffalo strips which were out of this world! I am definitely buying this a couple more times. I then went to insomnia cookie as usual and came back to just play ping pong and finally relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment